|Pre-Recreational Information (U6)
|What is Pre-Recreational Soccer (U6)?
The purpose of PRE-recreational soccer is to provide an opportunity for the participants to have fun, learn the sport and develop life skills including a life-long love of the game. This level is geared towards tranistioning players from the Sunday Instructional league into a slightly more structured training format.
- The use of tryouts, invitations, recruiting, or any similar process to roster players to any team on the basis of talent or ability is prohibited
- The club administering the league accepts as participants in the league any eligible youths (subject to reasonable terms on registration)
- A system of placing players on rosters is used to establish a fair or balanced distribution of playing talent among all teams participating
- League rules require that each player must play at least one-half of each game except for reasons of injury, illness, or discipline.
|Some of the key elements of Recreation soccer include:
- One of the main reasons players under 12 decide not to continue is that they no longer are enjoying the game.
- A soccer program that is primarily devoted to the enjoyment and development of soccer players without the emphasis on travel or high-level competition.
- Lower intensity for training and practices
- Players are randomly assigned to a team without regard to his/her abilities and skills
- Instill a passion and enjoyment in the game
- Life skills: FAIR PLAY / SPORTSMANSHIP / RESPECT
- Players and Teams aren’t judged on winning and losing
- Fewer games
- One practice per week with a game on the weekend