|What is Instructional Soccer?
|SISA’s Instructional Soccer introduces the sport through teaching the basics and developing fundemental skills while having fun.
|U4, and U5 Philosophies
- Fun - first and foremost!
- Provide positive encouragement to your child and other team members.
- During practice, the coaches teach basic ball control skills through drills that encourage players to touch and move the ball with only their feet.
- During “games”, we are not concerned about wins or loses, the focus is on proper skills, teamwork and good effort.
- Games are 3v3 format (U6 is now 5v5), which helps to encourage all of the above.
- Every effort is made to maintain small teams at the instructional level to allow children to participant and get the most of the instructional experience.
- Teams will have up to 6-8 team members.
- Each week, the players will learn new skills and be able to put those skills into practice with small sided games.
|Here is what you will need every Sunday
- Team tee shirt (provided by SISA first week)
- Shorts, sweats or loose pants
- Cleats (no metal), turf shoes or sneakers
- Shin guards are required
- Small, #3 size soccer ball with your child’s name on it
- It is also encouraged that parents bring their child’s water bottle with them to each session.
- If there is rain or inclement weather, Iredell County makes the decision on field usage.
- Announcements will be made on this site as well as by your child’s coach.
- Please make sure that you have your current information on file with your child’s coach.
We work with parents as volunteer coaches to help run the Instructional Program. All coaches are parent volunteers. Prior to each season, coaches will be given a drill booklet which is devised by the Director of Coaching.
If you are interested in coaching or volunteering with the Instructional Program, please contact:
- Director of Coaching Fil Wilkinson (email)